- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch processed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate (2 ounces) coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate (2 ounces) coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mash together the butter and sugars with a fork until well combined. Add the oil and egg and beat until creamy. Mix in the vanilla.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and the pecans and mix well. Using a tablespoon, scoop the batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool.
Copyright 2005, Ellie Krieger, All Rights Reserved